Saturday, June 20, 2009

The More Things Change...

The More Things Change...

Amanda, the boys, and I went to a family reunion in Stephenville today. We decided to come home by way of Brownwood and show the boys some of the places Amanda and I frequented when we lived in Brownwood.

We went and played at Coggin Park (where I proposed to Amanda), drove by all of the houses my parents lived in while in Early and Brownwood, visited the Lake Brownwood spillway, drove by Howard Payne University, etc. Amanda will have lots of pictures from our little adventure on her blog.

We also drove by the location of one of Amanda's car accidents. When she and I were engaged, she got t-boned by a big 'ol redneck truck in her little maroon Corsica. Thankfully, no one was injured, but she did run over a gas pipeline warning pole and snapped it off at the ground. When they were cleaning up the accident the policeman picked up the snapped off pole and stuck it down in a hollow pipe that protected a telephone pole. 14 years later the pole is still there!  Here's proof:

0 comments:

Post a Comment