I spent most of the day Saturday at the top of a very tall ladder, painting glass windows at the back of our church sanctuary. This was my first attempt at painting on glass and I guess it went OK. We ended up doing two coats of paint. It really needs a third but we ran out of time. We will go back and do another coat sometime in the near future.
Those of you who know me well know that I REALLY don't like heights and I haven't had a lot of luck with ladders in my past. (Talk to my mom if you want all the graphic details of the ride to the E.R.) Thankfully, I faced my fear of heights and didn't break any bones! BONUS! (I did have a very tight grip on the ladder though...)
Anyway, it was a great church work day. Kert (our Worship Pastor) and the gang (his wife Kerry and daughter Taylor) did a great job as usual organizing the event, making sure the projects kept going, handing out assignments, equipping us with the necessary tools, etc. I am so thankful we have the Prater's at South Side!!!!
I don't know how many people were there working, but I would estimate somewhere between 50 and 60. There were lots of projects going on and lots of different age groups involved. It was truly a team effort and everyone had a great servant's attitude. It just feels great to serve the Lord alongside other members of the body of Christ!
I can't wait until the boys are old enough to help out so our whole family can serve together! That will be awesome!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Labels: south side baptist church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment