I'm joining a new Bible study tomorrow night with the men of South Side Baptist Church. It is called "Being God's man in leading a family". I'm looking forward to the sharpening that I know will happen as men of God come together, read and study God's word, and share our thoughts and experiences with one another.
I am far from being the perfect father, but I do strive to lead my family in godliness and righteousness. I know that this can happen best when I am being held accountable, encouraged, strengthened, challenged, and tested by other godly men.
I really long for a man or a couple of men to come alongside me and hold me accountable in my life. That is something that I have been missing. I have been praying for this for a long time. I feel like I have been the Lone Ranger for far too long, trying to fight all of the battles in life myself.
I know God has the man or men out there that He is preparing to step into that role, but I want it to happen on my time-table! Of course, that is not going to happen, so I am just trying to wait on the Lord now.
I would appreciate your prayers for me as I go through this study. I desire to do God's will for my family, and I know this study will be one more tool to help me do that.
I'm sure this will generate a lot of different thoughts over the next few weeks. Stay tuned...
(Posted from my BlackBerry.)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Labels: bible study, south side baptist church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment