Friday, April 3, 2009

Men's Bible Study - Week 3

Men's Bible Study - Week 3

This week's study is called "Lead Her".  It is a great reminder that my wife is God's gift to me as a helper suitable for me.

It has really made me think about how I treat Amanda and how I lead her and our family (or how sometimes I fail to lead). How much more grace and patience do I show to other people, even strangers sometimes, than I show to Amanda or the boys?

I desire to be a godly leader for my family. This week I am working on thanking God for my wife and asking Him to show me where I can benefit from her help. I know God has put Amanda in my life because she is the perfect match for my needs. I pray that I can hear His voice and be wise enough to listen to Amanda and lead her as God would have me do.

Next week's lesson is called "Serve Her". Acts of Service is one of my primary love languages, so I hope I can ace this one!  These first few weeks have really stepped on my toes (in a good way) and I think God is using it to remind me of things that I know but have forgotten to put into practice. Hopefully, my family and those around me will see the difference.

(Posted from my BlackBerry.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment