Okay, okay. I've been pretty busy lately and I've gotten behind on my weekly posts for the Men's Bible Study. So, here goes.
Week 4 was called Serve Her. It was a great reminder about praying for Amanda, serving her, and loving her no matter what. I know there are lots of times I try to "fix" her problems instead of just listening, serving, and caring for her. The key verse was 1 Peter 3:7. I need to remember to be intentional about caring for Amanda and meeting her needs so that our relationship sets the tone for the rest of the family.
Week 5 was called Love Them and shifts gears away from Amanda to the boys. Psalm 127:3 was key verse. It says "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him." I'm not sure what I've done to deserve such great boys, but I believe God has truly blessed me. Week 5 was a reminder to connect spiritually with my children and be intentional about teaching them to love and follow the Lord all of their lives. I have tried to already start teaching them about God and His love for them. Amanda and I try to make it a point to relate the everyday things of life back to the Lord. We do our best to love them the way Jesus loves them and help them do the same with others.
Week 6 was called Have Fun! It is a reminder that God desires us to be full of joy and peace that can only come from him. We need to have fun with our families because God has filled us with His spirit. The key verse this week is Ecclesiastes 3:12 which says that "I know there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live." To have fun as a family, we need to serve alongside one another, encourage one another, play games together, and just spend time enjoying one another. I think we do a pretty good job of this but there is always room for improvement.
Next week is called Work It Out and is about conflict resolution.
This whole study so far has helped remind me to be intentional about everything I do. I don't need to just sit by the side and let life happen. I need to take the initiative to lead my family in righteousness in all that we do, whether at work, play, or everyday tasks. God created us to bring Him glory and I think we should strive to do that in everything we do.
See you next week!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Labels: bible study, south side baptist church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment